One of my favorite annual traditions is compiling a wish list of all the kids media “stuff” that would be a delight to unwrap on Christmas morning. Sarah and I pin our favorites all year long right here, and you’ll recognize a few items that have made it to the blog today. This year’s list is more a reflection of where I’m at. I’m not really feeling the Muppets this year, I’m nostalgic for the Sesame Street of my childhood, and I want to snuggle up and read an awesome book.
1. I’ve really come to love Dallas Clayton’s artwork and life philosophy this year. This sweatshirt from his shop says it all…why we do what we do!
2. I didn’t have a chance to see this Big Bird documentary in theaters, so I can’t wait to watch it from the comfort of my couch.
3. Rainbow Rowell is the gosh darn best. If you love YA, Harry Potter, vampires, or just like reading good books, this story won’t disappoint.
4. Carry On is great, but Eleanor & Park will always be my favorite. I’d tuck these bookmarks into my next good read.
5. Tattly, the premier temporary tattoo company, just released two sets of Sesame tats. This black and white set is the more realistic and more adult of the two.
6. WHAT?! Check out this playground chic necklace set. Kate Spade does rock, paper, scissors.
7. Becoming Maria is my new favorite book. Thank you, Sonia Manzano, for your words and your honesty. You’ll always be one of my favorite humans and my favorite Law & Order judge.
8. Wouldn’t it be cool if we could write all our notes on an Etch A Sketch? If that’s your thing, you’ll definitely want this notebook.